Be a part of our growing team
As a company that relies heavily on the relationships we have with clients, our employees are essential to both the day to day and overall operations of the company. We strive to cultivate a welcoming and professional workplace where employees support each other, work well with our insurance insurance partners, and do right by our clients. We maintain an environment that allows our employees to have autonomy over their work and collaborate together as they determine solutions for our client’s insurance needs. We value team players who take the initiative to get work done and take pride in reaching company goals and fulfilling client needs.
Leonard Adams offers a high-quality, competitive employee benefits program to support the success and health of our staff. Our benefits package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure that we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and his or her family.
Reimburse CE & Licensing
The Account Manager’s primary role is evaluating the assets of our clients, recommending appropriate coverage levels and negotiating premiums with the insurance carriers. Responsible for independently and proactively managing the client accounts. Activities include, but not limited to, new and renewal marketing, client exposure risk assessment, handling client questions and requests, and coverage review.
- Experience with qualifying and analyzing prospect and current client’s coverage needs.
- Recommends specific coverage’s and prepares quotes and proposals for prospects and clients.
- Recommends excess and surplus coverage’s as needed to meet client insurance needs.
- Educates clients as to coverage limitations.
- Documents activities and conversations in system.
- Completes appropriate applications for submission with specific insurance providers and has insured sign them. Follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations from insurance providers.
- Assist clients with coverage changes, renewals and remarkets if needed.
- Inform clients of any policy changes and exclusions, offering options when needed.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims to insurance providers, facilitates communications with adjuster. Works with the adjuster on behalf of the client when needed.
- Maintains electronic files and correct information in management system.
- Verifies accuracy on all policies and requests changes if needed.
- Interacts with clients and co-workers effectively by utilizing good communication skills. Cooperates positively and provides information and guidance as needed.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Department Manager.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a personal line’s agency servicing role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an independent insurance agency.
- Has a current Oregon property and casualty license.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Conducts internet research when needed.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Applied experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Sort and file paperwork when needed.
- Dependable transportation and working additional hours if necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a telephone and computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light lifting to 20 lbs.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Office hours are 8:30am to 5:10pm.
- Pay range dependent on skill and contribution level
- Paid time off
- Paid CE training
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Standard 40-hour M-F 8:30 am-5:10pm or as determined by Manager